Mayor Muriel Bowser’s daily briefings and coronavirus.dc.gov remain the most important sources for up-to-date information about the District’s coronavirus response efforts. We wanted to flag for our Trustees two reminders for today.
Today at 6 pm is the deadline to apply for the DC Small Business Recovery Microgrants of up to $25,000. You can find more information about this $25 million program here.
Effective tonight at midnight through April 24th, the Mayor has issued a Stay-At-Home Order. Residents may only leave their homes to:
- engage in essential activities, including obtaining medical care that cannot be provided through telehealth and obtaining food and essential household goods;
- perform or access essential governmental functions;
- work at essential businesses;
- engage in essential travel; or
- engage in allowable recreational activities, as defined by the Mayor’s Order.
Examples of allowable recreational activities include: Walking, hiking, running, dog-walking, biking, rollerblading, scootering, skateboarding, playing tennis, golfing and gardening. There should be no person-to-person contact.
Recreational activities can only include those from your own household. You should also continue to practice social distancing (keeping six feet away from other people) and to wash your hands before and after touching surfaces.