Washington, DC is a national hub for government, public policy, thought leadership, and civic life. As the center of the most educated region in the country, tapping into the talent around us will unlock our potential to be a national leader in innovative policy solutions. Coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, addressing the challenges we face as a city will require new, creative ways of thinking from diverse perspectives.
At the Federal City Council (FC2), we would like to harness the strengths and the talent that exists in all quadrants of the District of Columbia through an Emerging Leaders Program that helps to inform up and coming city leaders on DC’s challenges and areas of opportunity. FC2’s Emerging Leaders Program will recruit DC’s top talent and future leaders from diverse backgrounds and provide them with a network and tools to advance in their professional lives for careers of service and leadership in Washington, DC.
The Emerging Leaders Program is a one-year program with ten monthly sessions that will include content-focused workshops led by local policy experts and exclusive panel discussions between FC2 CEO Tony Williams and city thought leaders. There will also be opportunities to network with Federal City Council members. After completing the program, Emerging Leaders can remain within the Emerging Leader Alumni Network.
- Leader Cultivation: The Emerging Leaders Program will open up new opportunities for civic leadership for its participants and deepen the pool of knowledgeable and talented leaders committed to the improvement of the District of Columbia.
- Education: Topics discussed will include transportation, education, public finance, workforce, housing, and economic development. Emerging Leaders will have the opportunity to learn from professionals in these fields and consider nuanced perspectives on complex urban issues.
- Networking: In addition to networking with city leaders and panelists, Emerging Leaders will have opportunities to network with each other, civic leaders, and members of the Federal City Council.
- Engagement: Participants will be exposed to new opportunities for civic engagement and leadership through their participation.
- Professionals in government, non-profit or private sector positions
- Dedication and strong potential to contribute to the economic, civic, and social advancement of Washington, DC
- Interest in education, economic development, public finance, workforce development, transportation, or housing
Learn more about FC2’s Emerging Leaders Program
We are currently only accepting nominations from FC2 members. To learn more about the program, please email Saidah Rahman at email@example.com.